My journey of being a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM) , sharing experiences with parenting, family, experiences, and some Blogger learning.

New year Gifts to my family

Friday, May 9, 2014

Amaltas - The summer beauty

In this hot and humid Delhi Summer, the sight of green trees gives a pleasant cooling effect to eyes. Wherever the eyes reach, the harsh and hot sunlight is harassing them. In between this, god's thoughtful & beautiful creation- green tress are there to give some sigh of relief .Lucky are those trees which are still standing straight showering their love, care & selfless service to we the destructible humans. 

In front of my home, there stands this golden beauty - the Amaltas tree. Today I thought of appreciating this summer beauty. Earlier I was not aware of this tree, but after marriage, when I first stepped infront of my new home, this whole so big and beautiful amaltas tree welcomed me showering its beautiful yellow flowers. It left me so mesmerized with its golden beauty in the so hot month of April. Every morning I open the door of my room , this tree stands so awake with its beautiful flowers and wonderful sweet fragrance welcoming me for a whole new beautiful day. My balcony is so filled with its yellow flower petals.

 Posting some pics of its bloom to let u see this golden beauty of my home. Some different facts which I observed are it first have flowers, then comes the leaves and then the fruits which are in the form of long legumes.


Picture captured during night


A random picture of Yellow beauty at my home
The fruits of Amaltas ( these are from previous season, thats why ripe and ready)

While I was writing this post, thought of doing a little bit Google search. Got to know interesting facts to improve my general knowledge about this golden beauty.
  • Sceintific name of Amaltas is 'Cassia fistula'
  • It is also known as the 'golden shower tree'.
  • It is the national tree of Thailand, and its flower is Thailand's national flower. Its yellow flower symbolize Thai royalty.
  • It is also the state flower of Kerala.The flowers are of ritual importance in the Vishu festival of Kerala, and the tree was depicted on a 20-rupees stamp.
  • Its is used in herbal medicine.
  • The tree has very strong and durable wood, and has been used to construct  'Ahala Kanuwa' , a place at Adams Peak, Sri Lanka
  • In Ayurvedic medicine, the golden shower tree is known as 'aragvadha' meaning 'disease killer'
Concluding the post here to let you also appreciate Amaltas if you see it anywhere :)

No comments:

Post a Comment