My journey of being a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM) , sharing experiences with parenting, family, experiences, and some Blogger learning.

New year Gifts to my family

Friday, June 17, 2016

Noisy nap time

I wonder if it's just my kid or all the kids are similar in their picky nap timings. Be it day, be it night, it's always a tough task to put kiddo to sleep. The most difficult nap time is in the afternoon, when she doesn't want to sleep and I keep on trying, trying, and trying until I succeed. Sometimes I have to feed her ice-cream before she agree to sleep, kind of bribing 😁 while at other times I allow her to watch videos on YouTube in my mobile phone. Most of the time the YouTube trick works well, as the ice-cream one is an unhealthy bribing.
But at times, both of these tactics fail, and kiddo just roam around in the house while I am having drooping eyes. Always in search of avoiding nap time , she has amazing excuses which irritate the sleep maniac in me. Some of her escape ideas are-
1) She feels hungry or thirsty when my eyelids are as heavy as an elephant to open.
2) No fail trick which always works in evading her from my grip is 'potty call'. What to do, get up like a zombie and wait for the nature's call, which at times is fake and used as an escape door to run to grandparents and play.
3) When not in mood to sleep ,she will ask to bring all her toys to bed, if refused then the screaming drama begins.
4) And the most favorite one, wants to do homework when I am drop dead and pleading for some sleep to regain my sanity.
That's the day nap time story. Another tryst with escaping sleep is at night. After entering to her bed, all she wants is to play with every available member of the family. If refused, she will run out of room to her wish. What to do, just wait for her to comeback. Finally on her return, the chatterbox keep on talking and talking. I don't know how many times I have to sing the rhyme 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star ' and after every finish, she will put up her own story
To be noted, she really pulls up her imaginary stories along with her cartoon friends Chota Bheem, Tom & Jerry, Mighty Raju, Mickey and Minnie Mouse and many others. After every story I have to ask her 'Shut your mouth, close your eyes and go to sleep, goodnight '. Just like darling she will follow my instructions, but within few seconds the chattering again starts. It doesn't matter if I am responding or not, the stories will go on, and in between my countless instructions to sleep. Finally after much blabbering alone she falls asleep. And that's the moment I feel like task accomplished successfully 😊
To see my kid sleeping, can't resist to kiss her forehead and watch the calm and relaxed face for few moments.

Love you baccha, muahh
posted from Bloggeroid

2 comments:

  1. Awww..she is so cute. a big hug from me. Ours is night time fight. OMG. Hope the day will come soon when she will give us a night kissi and will fall asleep by herself (m I day dreaming :-P )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Touchwood my girl was never a real trouble maker for night sleep, but day time nap is just a challenge to put on everyday. But again, the feeling to just watch her sleeping is something beyond words, and especially her good night mumma, good evening,and good morning mumma

      Delete