My journey of being a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM) , sharing experiences with parenting, family, experiences, and some Blogger learning.

New year Gifts to my family

Monday, November 13, 2017

Home Organisation- Rearranging the closet

Everyday Life (Zindagi) of every women is full of many varieties of works right from managing kitchen, laundry, home, kids, jobs, maids,family (parents included), finances,payments and what not, among which Home Organisation & decor are the base of a smooth routine life. Without these two life is a real mess, I have been myself a witness of this mess, even though I never kept things lying around or so, but there is a certain way and place to put things for easy access. I have been always the kind of person who kept the stuff , but forgot where, the end result is endless searching searching and searching amidst mental tension of so many what ifs. So here comes a new version of me who tries to be more organised by each passing day and pass the same spirit and ways to my girl who can improve on when she will really need things to be done her way. Here I welcome you to new me who will write on varied topics of everyday life in my tiny space called "Zindagi Everyday" !!
pic credit: google images

Coming to current scenario at my house, What does painting (read as whitewashing) of house leaves the ladies of the house upto? Endless cleaning, rearranging, decluttering, mopping, and what not.

After one month of this whitewashing and polishing of the house, finally its done in the last week. We are over the chaos and the paint smell at  the house but left with lots of work ahead.
Once the paint people left the house, I donned my cleaning cap and started cleaning my closets which was a real huge task. Since these days I am way too much inclined towards Home rearrangement and decor (as mentioned by Mr. Hubby that you are enjoying this cleaning), and keep on watching videos related to the same, and lots and lots of reading on the internet to figure out ideas suiting to my requirement and space. At some places I think of my own idea to rearrange and declutter as I believe in economical rearranging and do not splurge over items, mostly plastic. For some items plastic boxes are very much required for me, but for others I prefer to use up the space and maintain it regularly so that I can ditch the plastic baskets . 
Now coming back to my place, one day one room was my target and thankfully I achieved it bang on time, that is before the weekend. This whitewashing turned out to be a great opportunity for decluttering my closets. Unbelievably I discarded almost 2 big bags full of my dresses,tops,tunics, kurtis etc, among which some were like 6-7 years old.( The discard list was applicable to other two members too, Mr. Hubby and my little one.) Question here, why I had stored all these stuff, reason not so difficult to relate to, they belonged to my life before marriage, and some of them were like wore single time only. I couldn't let go my favourite ones, and the memories attached with them.
Also, being mother to a girl child, I fantasied my daughter wearing some of them in her teenage days ( since I had a slim frame back then and so is my girl). This becomes one more reason for why stacks of these dresses went by in the closet year after year, and it kept overflowing with old clothes thus becoming less functional for everyday life. But this time I took the courage to discard those and get new look for my wardrobe making it more functional to use and store. 
In last three days of the previous week, I arranged the closet of Mr. Hubby, my girl and of-course mine. When Mr. Hubby saw his rearranged wardrobe all I can see was a smiling face approving of my arrangements. And that was the most satisfactory part of all the hard-work done,since I had to make big shuffling of stuffs before converting his wardrobe into a functional one. As the winter season has arrived at my place , so all stored winter wears have found their place in the closet for upcoming 3-4 months. 
Needless to mention I am not a pro at Home management or decor, but still I try to change looks of my place in every 3-4 months. Frankly, I do not have a cheat sheet to follow for this task. Just follow my mood swings & my instincts and start the makeover.Weather too plays an important role in deciding the choices. And right now I am happy with my functional home. We don't have those fancy furniture as its all my in-laws stuff which I don't find easy to replace as of now. May be in future I would update all of it, but right now I just try to keep it neat and fitting to my requirement.

So what did I do make my closet functional for everyday life. Here goes the list:
1) Kept all the wearable clothes in the vicinity of eyes. While rearranging I found out some of the stuff lying behind the other which I never recalled when was bought and hence never used.
Breaking this chain, finally all stuff is in-front of the eyes to use.

2) I didn't purchase plastic baskets, thus contributing a little bit towards mother nature. Only once I invested in the plastic baskets which were helpful in my previous closet arrangement theme. But this time I tried to avoid plastic as mush as I can, and ended up arranging everything in proper stacks without over populating the same, hence easy to pick out and place the stuff back.
But those who still prefer baskets, the link below shows the basket which I used previously in a different color.



3.) Arranged all the documents in properly labelled folders which helps me to find the respective documents easily and looks neat. Not to mention Mr. Hubby super happy with this arrangement. :)
Below are the links of some of the products which I have used in my organisation and am completely happy with the quality. These folders are total rescuers, solve all worries about document organisation. Finally no loose papers, bills, lying around.



To be noted, I had spent a good amount for this one organisation as good quality leaflet folders are not cheap. But its a one time investment and my documents are sorted for a long period of time. Links given below  are some of the single folders which I used to store some other paperwork which couldn't be fitted in leaflet folders.



4.) This time I bought some big saree bags and some single saree bags to store my Saree's. I am really not a saree person so don't open these bags very often. The single saree bags I have also used to store some of my heavy long suits, and my little girls lehengas. The arrangement is working fine. Some of the big bags I purchased from amazon, and some from the local city market (which costed around Rs 200 per piece for the big bags & the single ones for Rs 30 each.) Not too much on the pocket and the closet looks in place.
For keeping the lingerie handy and arranged I have used the BlushBee Foldable Undergarment Organiser (link given below)
The following products are perfectly suited for the storage purpose along with reasonable rates.
 No doubt about I am a big Amazon Fan.



5.) For shoes arrangement, I have one full dedicated cupboard to use. Just took out all the stuff, removed the too old unused pairs, and voila my all so functional, easy to access shoe cupboard is in place. Since I stay in independent house and not flat, so currently I enjoy ample space to use, only need to figure out relevant shuffling which makes life easy.

As of now, these pointers are all I have done and followed & to be true quite impressed by the result.
Hopeful this post would be useful for someone who is in search of feasible rearrangement ideas.

Keep on visiting my space 'Zindagi Everyday" . Your comments and visits give me motivation to improve !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment