My journey of being a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM) , sharing experiences with parenting, family, experiences, and some Blogger learning.

New year Gifts to my family

Friday, December 4, 2015

No Rules, No Norms

With kids around, everyday is an adventure, loaded with lots of fun, worries, lovable moments, sparkling eyes, the cheers, the name callings, and many many more. Totally this phase of childhood is something like racing ahead to finish off first, and here I stand to make most out of it. 
In between all these days, there comes some moments when there is some unexpected words, behaviors, tantrums, and worries. The moment I cross through any of them, my mind start racing towards the problem, the distraction for kid at the moment, and finally I go into thinking mode  to work out the ways to tackle these uninvited guests. Every now and then I keep on searching on google, and other parenting websites , just to check if its normal with kids of certain age, or if it is only my kid....thanks to the various reliable online resources which make me feel a little less guilty over such incidents. And then the next step starts with following the advice, the suggestions, scenarios presented , and its a hell lot of task to do it, where I mostly fail to follow and try my own methods to work out the situation. In such matters the guidance of elders, my motherly instincts work very well, not to forget to mention the online advices also works good in some matters..but yeah not always.
All of this has just proved it that raising kids is a task of gradual learning. Every single day I learn along with my kid, learn the lessons of patience, love, fun, smiles, giggles, cartoons( yeah that too), and many many tantrums.
For raising kids, there may be certain set of guidelines, timings for each task, feeding & food guidelines, sleeping patterns, learning instructions and many more. But, I follow none. I let my kid do whatever she wants and at whatever time she likes. There is no restriction for her tv timing, eating,playing,studying, etc etc.....In other words, no rules. She watches TV before going to sleep and I am fine with it, as it takes  just 15 minutes for her to fall asleep as compared to me scolding her and forcibly putting to sleep at certain time which use to take more than 45 minutes. What did I gained from that routine, only cries of my kid, me getting frustated and angry, scolding her till she fall asleep. Due to my scoldings, she didn't even made effort to make me wake-up in night when she couldn't sleep. And that was really draining for me, what I gained..nothing, besides instilled a fear in my kid.How wrong I was....Now when we are free with all the rules thing, she is a happy go child doing her routine at right times by herself,may be the earlier harder version of me have made an impact...whatever.....and now we snuggle together, watch cartoons, eat together,play together, learn together..and all of it without me getting frustrated.
Sometimes its good to break the rules and norms to again become a kid with and enjoy the childhood with them. After all its only one childhood the kids get...whatever we missed doing in our time, its the time to relive with our kids !!
Happy Kid, happy me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment