My journey of being a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM) , sharing experiences with parenting, family, experiences, and some Blogger learning.

New year Gifts to my family

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Matki Decoration/Diya Decoration/Fancy Dress

Proceeding forward from my previous post, there is so much to catchup with, starting with the 'Matki Decoration', 'stage performance', and finally the 'Diya Decoration' in kid's school. The diwali celebration she had missed due to my unavilability.

Coming back to the Matki Decoration competition for moms before janmashatami celebration, I wonder how creative ladies are.I swear I couldn't even think about the dedication and interest the moms have for the competition. For me it was just like a fun activity but for others it was an opportunity to showcase  their talent. Some matkis were hand painted, some were decorated using readymade decorative stuff, some made complete 'jhanki' (procession of janmashatami).The outcomes of all the hard-work done were really awesome. Couldn't believe that those raw matkis can be converted into so beautiful ones. Posting my matki pic, and other beautiful matkis made during the competition. Hope it will give other moms around some ideas on matki decoration in future use, as I did googled for different ideas and pre preparations wink, wink :D

Thats my matki :P

Other matkis at competition



Didn't realise that this pic has gone blurred, but the theme was matki with govardhan and krishna




The winners were to be declared later, so dont know who got first from almost 150 entries. But salute to the creativity. The experience and aura was awesome. It feels great and inspires to put more effort seeing all hard working ladies. By the way we too got second place for rakhi making competition for kid, sadly I forgot to click the pic as we made it in night. These days the real competition is shifted to moms vs moms rather than in between kids. Schools make the moms too slog along with the teachers.
No one rests till kids grow.

Now coming to the Diya decoration, we had to make it at home and submit with child name on it. So I too tried my hand over this totally new thing of my life. Yeah I have never ever made such things, only known things were making rangoli, mehendi, and alta. Anyways here comes my entry for the competition. Kindly bear with it, bad photogarphy with not much of a wow factor, but its a mumma's journal so have to be here :D :D


Moving ahead, for Dussehra, the kids needed to be dressed as Ramayan characters. My girl chose to be 'Sita Mata' by herself. Thankfully the dress was ready-made along with the accessories and available in the market. Presenting my Sita maiya here :)

Couldn't stop staring her, she was so happy and chirpy wearing this dress. Gave a hard time to remove it, as she wanted to wear it while sleeping too. Kids Kids :) :)

These few comeptitions are over.PHEW. Now looking forward to prepare for the solo performance in the coming weeks. Stay tuned for the new avtaar click ;)

1 comment: