My journey of being a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM) , sharing experiences with parenting, family, experiences, and some Blogger learning.

New year Gifts to my family

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Diwali Dhamaka(Blast)

Sometimes some events, happy or sad occurs with unpredictable baby steps and just do a blast all around. Happy ones scatters the laughters, smiles and promising future, while the sad ones strikes out of the blue , jolting and surprising everyone to dig up the reasons. Sometimes the events are termed as fate, and sometimes destiny, sometimes blessings, and sometimes 'buri nazar' aka evil eye.

Few months back things were going smooth in my little nest. Then started a series of sickness, firstly one down, then another, then another, again the cycle revised creating a chaos in otherwise our quiet lives. Me being the last victim of this sickness cycle got a big blow, which I haven't even imagined.
Unbearable pain, landing up in emergency surgery and now set on a recovery mode. Everything was so fast paced ,leaving both my families surprised and worried. Well, I am also confused about what should I feel, relieved on getting rid of the excruciating pain , or sad on losing the joy of second time motherhood. It is the period where my kid asks to bring a small baby from hospital every now and then, while here I am with nothing in my mind, just taking baby steps to get back into my normal life.

I wonder, how this fiasco made me want to go back to my previous life, about which I was cribbing in earlier posts. Today I have realised, even though i termed that routine as boring but it was at least healthy , I was on my own instead of being dependent. I guess that's the life's way of making one value what they had.I am recovering fine after the second Cesarean operation since unfortunately I suffered with an Ectopic Pregnancy, and wishing everyday to get fully functional ASAP. This Diwali was a disaster, all excitement , preparations, unopened shopping bags took back seat. Hopeful to celebrate the next one with everyone in good shape.
                                              'Health is wealth' indeed.
Apart from this, for the first time in  my married life, I am thankful to be in the joint family setup. During my hospitalisation , not even once I had to worry about my kid, her eating, sleeping, playing times. I was at peace that my kid is in good and safe hands. But yeah she is intelligent to take full liberty with her grandparents during my absence at home. In many ways, this whole chapter of  my absence has made my daughter more mature and understanding, not to forget more naughty and moody too , and my husband more caring and compassionate. Kid does understand that mumma has got hurt and has pain. The most important thing she understood is she can't touch my tummy, which is her most favourite thing and without rolling over it she couldn't sleep. Once I was discharged from hospital and reached home, she was so tempted to roll over my tummy and sleep on it, but understanding the facts, she showed big gesture saying 'Mumma dheere se touch karungi bas, dheere se hath rakhungi, please mumma' (meaning 'Mom, I will touch gently, will keep hand gently, please mom'). I wonder how did she managed to stay without me, anyhow thankfully she did it !!

Now just waiting to open my unpacked shopping bags, rearrange my closet, go on some shopping to burst the stress(that's the best remedy), and finally a visit to my parents. And a promise with self to take care of health, and maintain a healthy life for me and for my families.

Image courtesy http://www.health.harvard.edu/



2 comments:

  1. A very little...few words....just (at least try to )be happy!!! That's everything...happiness is the sun for our little planet. Hope you will recover as fast as we finish our rajma-chawal. I know it's a horrible pj. Be happy dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this analogy, north indians are such crazy fans of rajma chawal :P
      Yeah optimism is the way , following it to be sane and on right path

      Delete