My journey of being a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM) , sharing experiences with parenting, family, experiences, and some Blogger learning.

New year Gifts to my family

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Fevermania

Those two weeks were so hard and frightening for me. Earlier Pari got stomach infection, and just it was settling down, one night she got 102 degrees fever for the whole night. I was really scared, mind was not getting what to do. Medicine I gave was not of much help. Whole night went on putting cold water stripes on her forehead, which she was resisting as much as she could. We all were waiting for the morning desperately. She was not able to sleep, only she demanded feeding. I was deep scared, dont know whenever anything happens to her i feel weak and scared from inside but pretend to be calm and strong to S and everybody. Somewhere the fear of something bad haunts me...God forbid those thoughts from my mind. 

Finally, in the morning we rushed to the doc. He was also concerned why she is getting sick so soon within weeks. Firstly she had viral last month, now this month she got loose motions and stomach infection, and now she has got this high fever. The doc recommended Blood test and Urine test for kido. Thankfully his medicines always suit Pari and on the completion of the dose she is healthy and happy. But this sickness, it breaks her diet.Everytime she learns to eat something new, this sickness takes her taste away.

The sample collection is really a hard task for me, be it the blood sample or urine sample. It is such a pity sight to see the pathologist take the blood sample from the little limbs of Pari. The sight of blood and her screams and tears makes me sad and distracted. 
By the way the urine sample collection is another story, totally funny. I have to ask her everytime if want to do 'shu-shu' , on saying yes I have to rush with the sample collection container. She saw that I am trying to make her urinate in it, next time she enjoyed. Point to mention, she never give sample in one go. Everytime she feel the urge to pee, she will ask about that container :D Quick learner :P

After the successful completion of sample and tests, so relieved to know that the reports are fine. She suffered from urine infection, and not malaria. Taking medicines, she is now perfectly well , touchwood..back to her routine and activities.

Now a days Pari has started biting :(
While I am in the kitchen she will come from the back and put her teeth on my thighs ....and really that hurts..Her new coming out teeths are making such a mess for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment